Monday, October 6, 2014

Gladiator Optimization : Stat Priorities and Rotation * Updated Jan 20,2015*

Hello Gladiators!

Now that we are getting closer to the end of Beta, and actual release of the new stance, I'm happy to provide some of the basics that should hopefully be our bread and butter when we ding 100 and equip our shield again. Blizzard has addressed quite a few of the concerns I've had for Gladstance and it is definitely nice to be heard. They've buffed Execute, given PVP Gear Bonus Armor and delivered on a very fun spec to play.

This is just basic information I've collected through use of Simcraft and actual play in Beta, and it's very possible that changes in tuning might skewer these steps. Be warned that I may be editing this post :)

Stat Priority and Weights

With the 6.0.3 Changes. I've updated the scale factors. It still holds true that you need a bit of haste to get that extra GCDs inside Shield Charges. This factors in that you have the 5% haste buff as well. But going forward into Heroic and Mythic gear the values change a bit. I've detailed this below.

The basic stat priority is when gearing up to raid Highmaul :
250 Haste > STR > Bonus Armor > Haste to 700 > Crit > Haste  after 700 > Multistrike > Versatility > Mastery >

Here are the new stat weights:


630 ilvl
WDPS250
Haste
STRBonus Arm/AP700
Haste
Crit700
Haste+
MultistrikeVersatilityMastery
1.431.20.95.90.44.42.41.36.32.30

665 ilvl
WDPS250
Haste
STRBonus Arm/AP700
Haste
Crit700
Haste+
MultistrikeVersatilityMastery
1.321.20.95.90.60.53.49.48.41.38

695 ilvl
WDPS250
Haste
STRBonus Arm/AP700
Haste
Crit700
Haste+
MultistrikeVersatilityMastery
1.261.20.95.90.62.62.58.55.48.45


Importable for Ask Mr Robot(edit depending on ilvl):

If you can Reach 7% Haste:
MainHandDps               1.32
Strength                  1.00
AttackPower               0.94
BonusArmor                0.94
Haste          < 7%    0.60
CriticalStrike            0.53
Haste          7% +    0.49
Multistrike               0.48
Versatility               0.41
Mastery                   0.38



What this means for us when we hit 100 is the following:
1. Use the Draenic Armor Potion, this is because you get a lot more stat then you would with a strength potion.
2. Use Crit enchants on cloak/neck/rings. This is assuming you made that 700 haste breakpoint with your gear.
3. Get Bonus Armor gear on your Neck, Rings, Cloak and Trinkets, otherwise use the stat priority for the rest of your gear.
4. Mark of the Thunderlord is your best bet for DPS. The Mark of Blackrock looks like it could be competitive, but you don't want to be trying to drop to 50% hp to set it off.


Talents

Level 15 : Juggernaut / Double Time / Warbringer

This is definitely just your preference. I like the mobility of Double Time so I usually choose that.

Level 30 : Enraged Regen / Second Wind / Impending Victory

Impending is a DPS loss, Second Wind isn't as powerful as it used to be, and Enraged seems to be the best with my own testing thus far. I'd still go with Second Wind if I was soloing old content or fights where I was low on health for long periods.

Level 45: Heavy Repercussions / Sudden Death / Unyielding Strikes

US is currently going to net you the most dps. You should try out heavy repercussions, sudden death and unyielding strikes to choose here. They greatly affect how the rotation feels and if I had to choose, I would do the following:

HR/SD for PVP where burst is needed.
Otherwise, US with the Cleave Glyph.

Level 60 : Storm Bolt / Shockwave / Dragon Roar

The DPS Difference is enough that I would recommend Dragon Roar. Especially if using Bloodbath below.

Level 75 : Mass Spell Reflection / Safeguard / Vigilance

I've used MSR all through levelling and dungeons, it's been awesome. But in raids I'd go with safeguard. It's hard to top the 20% damage reduction all the time on your tanks/comrades.

Level 90 : Avatar / Bloodbath / Bladestorm

Bloodbath unless you have waves of 3+ adds every minute. Avatar if you overgear the fight so bad you won't see a second CD needed or the raid needed some intense dps burn every 3mins.

Level 100 : GLADIATOR STANCE!!!!!

Rotation

The Glad rotation will primarily be the similar to the one Protection Warriors have been using all through 5.4. However with the addition of shield charge, it is better to pool rage until you are within a Shield Charge.

Unyielding Strikes Rotation:
Devastate if under 6 stacks of US and US is about to Fall Off > Bloodbath + Shield Slam + Shield Charge > Revenge > Dragon Roar > Devastate

Heavy Repercussions Rotation:
Bloodbath + Shield Slam + Shield Charge > Revenge > Dragon Roar > Devastate

Sudden Death Rotation:
SD Execute > Bloodbath + Shield Slam + Shield Charge > Revenge > Dragon Roar > Devastate

Optional Execute Rotation:
Simply Execute (Sub 20%) before Devastate at the end of each rotation. Adding in Execute is optional and I cover reasons for and against in another post HERE.
Example:
Bloodbath + Shield Slam + Shield Charge > Revenge > Dragon Roar > Execute (Sub 20%) Devastate

For All Rotations Use Heroic Strike to prevent capping rage, or when you get Ultimatum Proc's. Unyielding Strikes users will be using Heroic Strike a lot. Be sure to dump your rage during Shield Charge using Heroic Strike.

Note: Remember that you can hit Shield Charge and Slam at the same time, and should. You can delay a Shield Charge for 1 Second to allow for an extra Slam inside the charge, but should NEVER Delay Shield Slam.

The Perfect Pull

Charge
Bloodbath+Berserker Rage+Shield Charge+Shield Slam
Heroic Strike + Revenge
Heroic Strike + Dragon Roar
Heroic Strike + Devastate
Shield Slam


Also one side tidbit I found funny with some other Warriors on Twitter was that because some races perform pretty visual jumps, twirls, flips etc on heroic strikes you might be able to look fairly hilarious playing as glad :)


- Cyc out :)

90 comments:

  1. Forgive my ignorance as I have not played warrior extensively, but when you are listing heroic strike+"x" ability in the rotation section, does that mean that you're supposed to press both heroic strike and that ability simultaneously?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. Heroic Strike is not on the global cooldown, so if you have the rage, you hit it along with another ability. I would recommend keybinding Heroic Strike on a mouse thumb-button so you can press it at the same time you're pressing 1-4 or whatever your other ability is bound to.

      Delete
    2. So you can macro heroic strike with your main abilities?

      Delete
    3. You can, but you may lose some dps. If you're going to macro i would recomend using US talent too. You may also macro shield charge and even bloodbath and berserker rage. It would make your rotation (a lot) easier, but you may lose some dps since you won't be able to pool rage. Your choice ^.~

      Delete
  2. Hi! What about Execute, should we still use it when avaible? Should we save rage for it?
    And what about victory rush?
    Thanks! Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorenzzo, that's a great question. You should be using Execute only during a Sudden Death proc ( not sub 20% ). So i've added it to the rotation as well. Victory Rush is not part of our rotation as it would be a loss of dps.

      Delete
    2. Any chance you will list a recommend spec and such now the game is out? Nearly lvl 100, but such a long time since I played warrior so I'm a bit rusty and don't know where to put the talents.

      Delete
    3. Sure man. I'm just working on getting 100 myself. I've got a server that was averaging 6 hour queues. Give it a few days :)

      Delete
    4. does this mean i shouldn't use execute under 20% no matter what? Like take it off my bars kinda don't use it?

      Delete
  3. Did some heroics and gladiator today, and am pleased to say that dps is good. This isn't some low dps gimmick but an actual viable spec. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news!
      And I did some dungeons under lvl 100 with glyph of the subtle defender and it was surprisingly decent.
      So you don't actually have to wait until lvl 100 to start having fun.

      Delete
  4. Why sudden death over heavy repercussions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely optional. Sims are showing it to not really matter which of the talents you take. I prefer unyielding on heavy aoe fights, using cleave glyph. I've included it in the rotation priority because it was asked about earlier.

      Delete
  5. Can you explain the 330 breakpoint? I would think it would be at 330 and that we would se similar breakpoints at 167 and at 500. I understand that, at 400 haste for example, doing 8 globals between revenges will delay the revenge, while doing 7 means you aren't taking advantage of the extra haste, but at 500 you could fit those 8 globals and you are getting the full haste benefit just as you would at 333.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 330 assumes you have the raid buff for 5%. You want around 800 or 8% to get the extra GCD.

      Delete
  6. @Cameron : 330 haste breakpoint gets you another global inside a shield charge, and it accounts for latency. The breakpoint is a bit lower, and with normal gear, getting this should be an afterthought.
    @Bonse : up to you. the dps difference isn't a huge deal, choose the talents that suit your playstyle preference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been interested in learning more about haste as well. Could you possibly run sims with 300 haste vs 500 to see the numbers? I would be happy to do it myself but I'm out of town for work.

      Delete
  7. I tested this on 3 3m target dummies and i lost 2k dps but i did get very little procs (or so it felt). Interestingly avatar vs bb i only saw a drop of 400dps. This was in ashran on dungeoneers target dummy 650 ilvl(scaled)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been trying to get simcraft to give me results where mastery>versatility but have been unable to. What setup did you use for your stat weights?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for updating the stat weights. I had a sneaking suspicion that haste post-330 was better than displayed on the previous chart. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again! Have you guys tried to safeguard the tank? Is it working good?
    At least vigilance should work. May be a better option than MSR...
    Thanks for everything! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I sad was that I was using MSR in dungeons. Safeguard was ideal for raids.

      Delete
  11. Hi I wonder if you can help me out with this. I absolutely can't use the US talent because I have terrible RSI, I have to use HR instead.

    I was thinking for Heroic Dungeon trash mobs, if it's worth it to swap out the Cleave glyph for Resonating Power, as I wanna use HS as little as possible with my bad wrist. That way I could do a better amount of AOE dmg every 12 seconds which is for most packs at least twice.

    I wonder if you know how many mobs TC is useful on if deep wounds is already rolling, and how many if using the Resonating Power glyph.

    Thanks a lot for considering my personal and obviously sub-optimal rotation question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would use cleave glyph, extra rage glyph, and resonating power.

      Thunderclap just to keep deep wounds going on all targets.
      I can do some sims this weekend on how many targets it takes for TC to take over.

      Delete
  12. Could you create and share stat weights on http://www.askmrrobot.com/ format? pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MainHandDps 5.00
      Strength 1.00
      AttackPower 0.94
      BonusArmor 0.94
      Haste < 3.3% 0.90
      CriticalStrike 0.60
      Multistrike 0.49
      Haste 3.3% + 0.46
      Versatility 0.43
      Mastery 0.40

      Delete
  13. Use the Draenic Armor Potion, this is because you get a lot more stat then you would with a strength potion.
    Why?
    And which trinket? Str + crit prog or bonus armor + crit prog?
    Greetz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just buffed the armor version of the trinket. Knight's Badge is way better now.

      Delete
  14. You get more AP From the armor potion, about 1500AP over STR pot at 1000 AP.

    STR and Bonus Armor passive trinkets will grant the same AP, so its up to which one has the most of the stat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deciding to share the fact that Great Flask of Draenic Strength 250 STR isn't your best bet for maximising dps. You want to be using Mantid Elixir (guardian elixir) 256 armor and Elixir of Weaponary (battle elixir) 85 critical strike or the haste version if you have not reached the haste cap I guess.

    It's probably going to be nerfed now, but who knows :P Glad is such a niche spec it may be looked over :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also they do fall off after death, but they cost about 1g each on my server so 2g per pull, and greater strength flask is roughly 100g, so you would need 50 pulls in 1 hour to make the other one more gold efficient as well.

      Delete
  16. I have a questions regarding gearing: Should I at all times be looting as protection during dungeons and raids? or should I be switching between dps and protection specialization?

    So in short: What should my aim be regarding gearing in the different slots we have?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What am I doing wrong? I have Bullshit 645 Weapon and 630 Shild my DPS sucks .... that was a rnd Raid, in the end it was chaotic :D

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2YBFqmjX1zdHR9wT/#graph=true&type=damage-done&fight=18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between 2:06 and 2:35 you could have done better with your Unyielding Strikes stacks since that was the only time both your trinkets lined up.

      Delete
    2. Just put it up on the mmo-c forums for gladiators. We have a new guide there.

      Delete
  18. Is it worth attempting to line Shield Charge up with Enrage procs/Berserker Rage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah of course. But you need to pay attention to when you're already enraged. I would pretty much keep enrage on CD but try not to overlap.

      Delete
  19. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! Colorful Round Chakra Carpet

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... jotaro no hat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me Insurance Company Palm Coast

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic... Dope Apparel

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place ome decoration

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on. Golf

    ReplyDelete
  25. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing the information, keep doing awesome... I truly delighted in investigating your site. great asset... Cigna

    ReplyDelete
  26. I read your post and I found it amazing! thank! buy furniture

    ReplyDelete
  27. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! hijabs

    ReplyDelete
  28. I need to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post… Fahrlektionen

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged Pressure washing near me

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it, Online shopping

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. white christmas lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  32. You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! the free world

    ReplyDelete
  33. With so many books and articles coming up to give gateway to make-money-online field and confusing reader even more on the actual way of earning money, Steuern

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. Commercial Pest Control Oxford

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a fantastic website , thanks for sharing. Stove repair

    ReplyDelete
  36. They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. dental clinic

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Collective agreements

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is very useful post for me. This will absolutely going to help me in my project. MINDFULLNESS

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Usually I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable. Well done! brisbane logan ipswich scenic rim

    ReplyDelete
  40. I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site how to install wordpress theme

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. top affiliate programs

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. BOYS FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow... what a great blog, this writter who wrote this article it's realy a great blogger, this article so inspiring me to be a better person gesichtsseife naturkosmetik

    ReplyDelete
  44. We are tied directly into the sate’s renewal database which allows us to process your request almost instantly. Umzugshelfer Stuttgart

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks a lot for one’s intriguing write-up. It’s actually exceptional. Searching ahead for this sort of revisions. Midtown Luxury Cove

    ReplyDelete
  46. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. Private investigation

    ReplyDelete
  47. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! 3d modeling

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Usually I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable. Well done! building blocks

    ReplyDelete
  49. Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy. diamond painting tools

    ReplyDelete
  50. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! Anna Maria Island

    ReplyDelete
  51. I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. NJ General Contractor

    ReplyDelete
  52. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. oxford liquor store

    ReplyDelete
  53. The article posted was very informative and useful. You people are doing a great job. Keep going. mobile targeting

    ReplyDelete
  54. I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. lebenslauf vorlage

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. social media advertising

    ReplyDelete
  56. This was definitely one of my favorite blogs. Every post published did impress me. Construction Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  57. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. Affordable Local SEO Services

    ReplyDelete
  58. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it. Roofing Companies Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! Kaffeerösterei Schwarzwald

    ReplyDelete
  60. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! Leathe watch roll

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, seo agency

    ReplyDelete
  62. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. Mediation Servcies

    ReplyDelete
  63. A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. https://voyance-telephone-gaia.com/

    ReplyDelete